CASHEW PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS
CASHEW PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS Serves 16 energy balls
Forget grabbing a sugary cereal bar or a piece of chocolate when you’re craving a snack — give these healthy energy balls a try instead. Packed with nutritious ingredients like peanut butter, cashews, oats and dates, they’ll give you all the energy you need to get through the day.
- 200g pitted dates
- 1¼ cups oats
- 1¼ cups cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, soak the pitted dates in warm water for about 15 minutes to soften them. Drain the water and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- In a food processor, blend the oats and cashew nuts until they ressemble flour. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add the dates to the food processor and blend until a thick paste forms, about 1 minute. Add back the oats and cashew nuts, as well as the coconut oil, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Roll the mixture immediately into balls.
- Refrigerate the balls so that they harden a bit. Enjoy cold or at room temperature.